Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Three MuskaLymans

I figure if I just show up at church enough, I will eventually see all the old youth that I love. (sorry about that split infinitive) Marca and I were sitting on our bench on the far west wall of the chapel during Sacrament meeting several weeks ago when a tall handsome young man caught our eye. At first Marca questioned if I knew who it was and my initial reaction was "it looks like Anders Lyman" yet that couldn't possibly be because this young man was too grown up. Well as you can guess, following the meeting Anders came over and brought us up to date. You know how shocked we all are when we see a loved one for the first time after we have missed the growing up years of their life? That was the case with Anders. Anders has completed a successful mission to Panama and is now living in Taylorsville with a cousin, preparing for school in the fall. I can't remember exactly what he was planning to study but Janae (his mom) thinks it will be something medical - probably Anesthesia or something like that. Boy did he look good - Manhood suits Anders.

Then a few weeks later both Nisha and Katrina came to our ward. I am not sure if they choose to attend our ward because their grandparents (Durrant and Elaine Black) still live in the ward or if they simply love being swarmed by people that love them. After the meeting, you almost had to stand in line to greet them. Since I had to go teach a class I had to wait till the second shift (after the block) to catch up. Katrina and her husband Kirk were just leaving for Ohio where he is persuing his Master's in Music Education. He has been teaching music for a few years and is now going to persue both a master's and a Phd. Katrina has two beautiful little daughters, 3 1/2 year old Amelia and 5 month old Sariah. We wish them luck. (luck nothing, the Lord takes care of His favorites)

Nisha only has three semesters left to complete her RN at Southern Utah University. She is working as a CNA right now but once she has her RN, I am sure the Lord will put her to work somewhere. For those of you like me who forget important stuff, Nisha served a mission in Winnepeg, Canada. Nisha, Katrina and Anders all had that wonderful light in their eyes, the light that comes from being square with the Lord.

Just to keep you up on the Lymans, they moved to St. George a bunch of years ago and are doing really well. Glen is still working with IHC down there and Janae is raising what her kids say is "another family." Glen and Janae have adopted a few more children. Either Glen and Janae are blessed with tons of love and patience or their older kids were so unselfish that it didn't take much to raise them and by the time they were grown there was a surplus. I figure it was both.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Wow, I just barely found this website...didn't know it existed. What a fun idea! And I feel so flattered at all the compliments you give my family. We definitely come to GHN when we're in town because of the love we feel there. It is so fun to catch up with everyone and know that we're not forgotten--since we certainly don't forget any of you!

Katrina said...

BTW, if you've lost my email, it is musicpoet at gmail dot com. And my family has a blog, too, if you're ever interested in seeing it.