Saturday, June 21, 2008

Funny and Faithful Joseph Thompson

We just got back from our every 10 year Father's and Son's Outing. Too bad we don't have them more often, we love our sons plenty and all. This time I was fortunate enough to have Josh and Caleb join me. We put them to work helping organize the parking. The place we went to was woefully short on parking, so Josh and Caleb had to help shuttle gear up to the camp sites with ATVs and trailers. They were great. Following their labors, they snagged Nash and the three of them, each mounted on a 4 wheel drive ATV, went exploring for a few hours. They reported watching the sunset from the top of some mountain. But that is not what this story is all about.

When we got done with parking duty and returned to the pavillion for dinner, I had the pleasure to spend some time with Joseph Thompson who looks as good as ever. He is now sporting a modified beard. I'm not hip enough to know what that particular facial hair style is called but I never fault a guy with hair on his chinny chin chin. But seriously, Joseph is doing great.

A month ago I had the chance to help with the scenery for writers and directors Garya nd Joseph Thompson. One of the great things that has never changed with Joseph is his great sense of humor and tremendous love and patience with Taylor. I don't know if Joseph is great because Taylor has helped him become so or if Taylor got to be Joseph's brother because Joseph is great. Either way it was wonderful once again to sit and visit with Joe. My first memory of knowing Joseph was when I was first in the scouts and we went on some bike ride somewhere. I remember that Joseph was not in very good shape and was really tired and was going really slow. (as if I was in any kind of shape) I was about to be out of patience but he was so happy and having such a good time, all I could think was - I love this kid! That would have been around 14 or so years ago and you know what - I still love that kid!

By the way he is still working his way through school up at the U majoring in Business. No, he has not left the preforming arts behind. I don't think you can get the theater out of the Thompsons. (by the way, our ward's road show was remarkable - what else would you expect?). Joe is managing a group of actors and managing to act every time he gets a chance. This year he is the producer for Hunt Mysteries which is a very popular Murder Mystery Troupe that preforms all over the valley.

Between acting and school however he is working for some finance company - I'm embarrassed that I don't remember which one or what he does, but if he does what I would do, he probably earns money and then spends it. He did say they love him enough that they let him conform his work schedule to his school schedule.

We didn't spend alot of time on his love life, probably because he said he is between "potential Goddesses." (those were not his exact words) What he actually said was the there are some great women out there - most of them are married however. Well, this tall, handsome, single, red-head is still true to the faith and the Lord will deliver.

No comments: